Thursday, September 28, 2006

Three and Thirty Two

In addition to our DNA and our love of tofu, Joshua and I also share the same birthday. Lest anyone think we must surely be twins, I feel it is my responsibility to point out that I am not three years old. It has become a tradition to take a birthday photo of the two of us, to record for posterity Joshua's journey towards the land of Grownupville (and my inevitable haggard arrival at the sagging gates of Old Cronytown). You can see the how much Josh has grown from the first birthday photo here, and birthday number two here. Here is our latest milestone photo-op:


Getting a nice photo of Joshua turned out to be tricky business this year, since his swaggering three-year-old attitude produced mainly shots like this one on the right. In fact, I had to bribe him this year with a lollipop to get him to sit for a photo at all. I imagine it will only get more difficult. All in all we had a pleasant day today. I woke up early and made apple-oat muffins for his preschool class. I feel it is necessary to try and get on the preschool teacher's good side, since most of the time Joshua insists on being called "The Duchess" while he's at school.

Young Joshua's birthday party was held this past weekend. Expect a post detailing this event in a day or two... but for now I must drag my old creaky bones to bed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the 2 of you!

Wow ... Josh totally crashed your 29th b'day i would say :) .. and why 'duchess' ?? Aristocats? Kids can be strange :)

Me said...

Happy birthday!

Strangers give the best presents. So, on that note, come get yours from the boot of my car..

Karmyn R said...

Happy Birthday! You received the NICEST gift of all three years ago! (but, I don't know if I would want to be in labor on my birthday! heh heh)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, cuz!

Beerspitnight said...

The second photo, in my immature mind" is great.
Hopefully he will soon realize the difference between the masculine and feminine forms of words and then insist on being called "The Duke".
Happy Birthday

Sunrunner said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm sorry to have missed last weekend's party. It sounded like fun! Hopefully someday I'll be able to get out of this never-never land that is the weekend night shift.

Jaelithe said...

Oh, man, I forgot all about that hat Joshua wore for his first birthday picture. That hat made me fall in love with him.